Leafly, one of our favorite websites because their science, published its State of the Leaf Infographic and I have to stay the graphic is pretty informative – those folks really do their homework. With the nation moving towards a nationally legalized marijuana industry, like alcohol is, the numbers of States allow recreational marijuana sales will rise and the total no. of dispensaries will grow.
State of the Leaf Highlights
- Washington Ranks 3rd in the number of open locations with 280: Other States are following Colorado and Washington’s lead and it shows with the largest concentration of pro-marijuana States be on the westcoast.
- Denver, CO has the most dispensaries for an area code
- Santa Ana, CA has the most dispensaries per zip
- On average, 45 people visit a dispensary per day: That is steady stream of customers per day which amounts too 315 visitors per week, 9,450 visitors per month, and 113,400 visitors per year. That’s a lot of customers.
- 5pm is the busiest time of day: Coincides with quitting time and makes sense since most dispensaries open around 10am.
- Busiest day is Friday with Monday being the slowest: Friday is pay day, the start of the weekend, and a universal day for cutting loose. No explanation needed for Monday. Monday are only made cool because of Monday Night Football.
- Highest traffic day: 4/20, 4th of July, and Friday before Thanksgiving: The date 4/20 and Jimi Hendrix’s birthday are two great reasons to get stoned, 4th of July is good fun holiday usually set in some tyoe of party atmosphere, and Thanksgiving because of the fricken munchies – nom nom nom. Who doesn’t like to pig out during the holiday?
- 16 different strains: I find the many strain names to be a distraction from what I value in good dope. But that is just me.
- Most stocked strains are Blue Dream, Sour Diesel, and Bubba Kush: I like Blue Dream, don’t care for Sour Deisel, and never had Bubba Kush, which may have to change.
A couple of statistics I’d like to see are: the yes / no votes in recreational states, states with the highest consumption, and which States are ‘most’ likely to pass / fail recreational marijuana laws. But without further ado here is Leafly’s State of the Leaf. (more…)